Installing The Google Chrome Browser in Windows 7

How to install Google Chrome in Windows 7.

I’ve talked a lot about using Google Chrome and why you should. Despite the fact that it is both the safest and fastest browser available, I still find people who have not installed Google Chrome on their computers. I often find this out while fixing the computer for malware.

Chrome is awsome

The only explanation I can think of for these people not using Google Chrome is they are not sure how to install Chrome. So here is how to install Google Chrome. All you really need is a reasonably fast internet connection (an unreasonably fast connection is even better  :-D ).

For you Mac OS users, the following directions won’t work but Google Chrome will work for you.

Here is a video on How To Install The Google Chrome browser in Windows 7 (other Windows versions will be similar).

[mc src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3drmKcWVB6Q" type="youtube"]How To Install Google Chrome In Windows 7[/mc]

Start by opening Internet Explorer.

You can find the download page at http://google.com/chrome  or you can do a search for “Google Chrome” to find the right page.

The Google Chrome Download Page

Google Chrome Download Page

Then simply click on the blue “Download Google Chrome” button.

Click the button to download Chrome

Click the button to download Chrome

In the next pop-up I suggest clearing the “Set Google Chrome as my default browser box.” Then click the blue “Accept and Install” button.

Accept and install Chrome

Press the Accept and Install button

Google Chrome will then download and install.

With a reasonably fast connection, this will take less than a minute. Once installed, Chrome will then open up and you are all done.

Yep, it is really that easy. Most people do not need this tutorial. Some may find it a bit encouraging if they are not sure how to download or install a program.

I firmly believe that Chrome is the safest browser available right now. If you have not tried Chrome I hope this will get you to give it a go.

For those of you who think this post was too simple, just remember not everyone is as comfortable using a computer as you.

Comments

1. Jennifer says:

google chrome is fast alright. I just waiting for all my plugins to be available so I can start switching from firefox to chrome.
    thanks.
    Jennifer´s last [type] ..Monochrome Printer Driver Update

2. Google chrome is a reliable and more fast browser than firefox.

3. Tanaka from Ascentive says:

I’ve been using Google Chrome ever since it came out. It’s been working great on my PC :D And yes, I think it’s faster than any other browsers!

4. Jenny says:

I have no Google chrome browser and I used Firefox in browsing the internet. You give me the idea on how to install Google Chrome in my Windows 7. Thanks a lot.
    Jenny´s last [type] ..online games

5. Tim Ryan from naples condominiums says:

I highly recommend other people to use Google Chrome too. It rarely has any bugs and it loads much faster than any other browser available even firefox. Always trust Google, they know what they are doing.
    Tim Ryan@naples condominiums´s last [type] ..The Time is Right for the Naples, Florida Lifestyle

6. Tim Ryan from old naples real estate says:

I recently installed Google Chrome to my computer and it is so fast. I like it.
    Tim Ryan@ old naples real estate´s last [type] ..Jim Cramer Optimistic on FL Real Estate

7. Kim from www.pcprima.de says:

I have not yet installed Google Chrome, but now I just might.

8. Paul from commission drawings says:

Why do you think chrome is better than firefox? Someone in here commented that is faster and is more reliable. Is that true? Often I find that firefox is eating my entire CPU memory (especially when using players). I thought is due to my slow PC, but now I think it might have something to do with firefox as well?

9. Lizzy from Car Lease Broker Los Angeles says:

I have Google Chrome on my old computer but a friend had set it up for me, now I can install this myself on my new comp! Thanks.

10. Lana from Rug Cleaning Los Angeles says:

My office doesn’t use Google Chrome because my boss said it doesn’t have certain capabilities that Firefox has…doesn’t really make sense to me because I love using Google chrome at home. Maybe I can download it into my computer without them knowing…